Monday, November 28, 2011

Parasitic Mind Viruses

Much like a flesh eating virus,
My stress is eating me alive.
Pressure is building up in me,
I feel overwelmed by my life.

Problems sprout like flowers,
Out on the open road I am on.
Too many people are selfish,
They never think of others.

They think only for themselves,
Never about the consequences.
Their problems become my stress,
I internalize situations and ponder.

I feel unable to let these things go,
My mind races with wordly worries.
I am paralyzed by my racing thoughts,
I am overwelmed by my busy life.

I need to stop and think things over,
But everything is moving too fast.
I cannot get a handle on myself,
Yet I feel the need to take on more.

I need to let go and take care of me,
Yet I feel selfish when I try to do that.
Time to let go, step back, and think.
My body will thank me for doing so.

1 comment:

Rhea Parsons said...

Beautiful! Sounds like you are reading my mind!